Mr. Gastel maintains both an active transactional practice advising public utility companies throughout Tennessee as well as a litigation practice focused on labor and employment, consumer and securities fraud, and antitrust matters. Mr. Gastel regularly appears before both federal and state agencies, state courts in Tennessee, and federal courts across the country.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Gastel practiced with Troutman Sanders in Atlanta, Georgia, where he represented utility and technology companies in transactional, litigation, and regulatory matters. Mr. Gastel received his undergraduate degree from Dayton University in Ohio where he graduated summa cum laude and his legal degree from Vanderbilt University Law School.
He has published many articles including articles that have appeared in international law journals.
He lives in Franklin, Tennessee with his wife Jessica, their son, and two dogs Oatmeal and Emmy.
Areas Of Practice
- Public Utility and Municipalities
- Labor and Employment
- Consumer and Securities Fraud
- Antitrust Litigation
- Georgia, 2007
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Vanderbilt University Law School, Nashville, Tennessee
- J.D. - 2007
- University of Dayton, Ohio
- B.A. - 2004
- Honors: summa cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Troutman Sanders, Atlanta, Georgia