Dave joined the Firm as a Member in 2018 and has represented working people and their Unions in Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois and Missouri. He was the General Counsel of the Kentucky Labor Cabinet from 2009-2012 and was partially responsible for repeated record-breaking wage recoveries for Kentucky workers. His legal accomplishments include victories at both the Kentucky Supreme Court in Gaines v. Workforce Development Cabinet and the Supreme Court of the United States in Thompson v. North American Stainless LP which changed the law for the entire country to more broadly protect people from retaliation under Title VII.
Dave studied History and Theology at Villanova University and credits his study of Theology for his decision to attend Notre Dame Law School and ultimately become a Union-side labor attorney. He spent nine months after law school at the Instituto de Idiomas in Cochabamba, Bolivia to learn Spanish and assist immigrant workers.
Areas Of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Appellate Practice
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Notre Dame Law School, Notre Dame, Indiana
- Villanova University
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lawyers Coordinating Committee, AFL-CIO