Mr. Stewart focuses his practice on the Firm's complex litigation cases in antitrust, consumer protection, and mass tort, but also maintains a general litigation practice in both state and federal court. Before joining the Firm, Mr. Stewart practiced for many years at the law firm of Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis in Nashville, Tennessee, where he developed a litigation and tax practice. Mr. Stewart was honored with a listing in Best Lawyers in America in 2008, and that same year was elected to serve in the Tennessee House of Representatives for House District 52.
Mr. Stewart was an Intelligence Officer in the United States Army, with service in Korea and Saudi Arabia. Mr. Stewart is a veteran of Operation Desert Storm, and was awarded the U.S. Eighth Army Distinguished Leader Award.
A native of Oak Ridge, Tennessee, Mr. Stewart received his undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania and received his law degree, cum laude, from the University of Tennessee. Mr. Stewart was a member of the National Moot Court Team and was a Student Materials Editor for the Tennessee Law Review.
He lives in East Nashville with his wife, Ruth, and children, Will, Joseph and Eve.
Areas Of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Labor and Employment
- Class Actions and Complex Litigation
- Tennessee, 1994
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
- J.D. - 1987
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: National Moot Court, Team; Vinson & Elkins Award for Excellence in Moot
- Honors: Court Brief Writing
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.A - 1987
- Major: History
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, 2008
- U.S. Eighth Army Distinguished Leader Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tennessee House of Representatives for House District 52, 2008
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis in Nashville, Tennessee
- United States Army, Intelligence Officer