Jessica J. Myers
Jessica Myers concentrates her practice in general civil litigation, representing individuals and entities in both state and federal courts. Before joining BS&J in 2019, she worked at the Office of the Tennessee Attorney General, where she handled consumer protection enforcement matters, Medicaid fraud investigations, and was responsible for civil enforcement of the state’s unauthorized practice of law statute. She also served as a 2006 Skadden Fellow, then staff attorney, at the Legal Aid Society for Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands, where she practiced consumer law, and brought a series of mortgage rescission cases in state and federal courts as the 2008 mortgage-backed securities crisis unfolded.
Ms. Myers is a graduate of Harvard Law School, where she served as technical editor of the Harvard Negotiation Law Review, and as student representative on the Faculty Committee for Public Service. She graduate magna cum laude from Barnard College at Columbia University with a B.A. in anthropology.
Areas of Practice
- General Civil Litigation
- Harvard Law School, Cambridge, J.D., 2006
- Technical editor, Harvard Negotiation Law Review
- Student representative, Faculty Committee for Public Service
- Barnard College, Columbia University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2000
- Tennessee, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee, 2014
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 2007
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee, 2015
Professional Honors and Activities
- Skadden Fellow, 2006 – 2008