There is always something new to learn in the field of law, and the opportunity to apply that knowledge in a practical way to directly help our clients. I enjoy researching and brainstorming creative solutions to clients’ problems based on current law and legal trends that may influences their cases. I love making a difference in their lives by working closely with them to provide personal attention to their cases from start to finish, while fighting for the best possible outcome. My work is important to me because class actions and mass tort litigation may not only result in compensation for our clients, but often can lead to changes in a corporation or employer’s behavior that prevents future harm to others.
Nashville native Megan Killion provides litigation support to the firm on a wide range of cases, including mass tort, antitrust, employment and personal injury litigation.
Before joining the firm, she worked with the Metropolitan Nashville Department of Law. Ms. Killion is an active volunteer, working with the Legal Aid Society’s Volunteer Lawyers Program through the walk-in legal advice clinic and handling several pro bono cases.
Ms. Killion lives in Nashville’s Sylvan Park neighborhood with her husband and three children.
Areas of Practice
- Class Actions and Complex Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Belmont University, B.S., magna cum laude, 2005
- Tennessee, 2008
- Represents clients in mass tort, product liability and class action claims
- Routinely handles personal injury claims, including injuries caused by medical malpractice
- Ongoing representation of clients injured by faulty medical devices, dangerous drugs and defective products
- Routinely advises and assists clients with state and federal public records requests, and state and federal business and nonprofit filings
- Represents employees with wrongful discrimination and overtime pay violation claims
Professional Honors and Activities
- Tennessee Bar Association, 2009
- Nashville Bar Association, 2009
- Legal Aid Society, Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Wills for Heroes Program
- Hillsboro High School Band Boosters, former board member
- tnAchieves Tennessee Promise Scholarship Mentor Program