Representing Labor Unions And Union Workers
At Branstetter, Stranch & Jennings, PLLC, we are proud to represent both labor unions and union workers, offering both trustworthy counsel and dispute resolution services. Our Tennessee attorneys have litigated labor law issues in every court, ranging from local trial courts all the way to the United States Supreme Court.
Our labor law practice has existed for nearly 50 years, giving our lawyers an in-depth understanding of how best to represent numerous labor unions across all trades on the local, district and national levels.
Our Union-Side Services
Along with providing counsel to Taft-Hartley funds under ERISA, our services for union-side clients include providing advice, counsel and representation in:
- Forming unions and organizing campaigns
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements
- National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) proceedings
- Arbitration for grievances
- Contract negotiation
- Union elections and officer training
- Resolving economic concerns related to company downsizings and bankruptcies
- Reporting and record-keeping responsibilities
- Enforcing labor-related claims through litigation in federal courts
- Establishing political action committees
- Department of Labor (DOL) investigations and compliance
Our Employee-Side Services
The rights of employees who belong to unions are governed in large part by the collective bargaining agreement in place. In some cases, disputes can be informally resolved. In other cases, however, it is necessary to follow the detailed dispute resolution procedures set forth in the collective bargaining agreement.
Under certain conditions, union employees may have the right to take employers to court and seek compensation that is not recoverable through arbitration.
To learn more about Branstetter, Stranch & Jennings, PLLC‘s labor law practice on behalf of unions and union workers, contact us by calling our Nashville office at 615-254-8801 or by completing our online form.